A mushroom risotto recipe which pushes all the right buttons, with intense porcini mushrooms and plump arborio rice.
less than 30 mins
10 to 30 mins
- 1 tbsp dried porcini mushrooms
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 225g button mushrooms, sliced
- 2 cups of arborio rice
- 150ml of dry white wine
- 1.2 liters hot vegetable stock
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- 25g of butter
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- freshly grated parmesan to serve
- Soak the porcini mushrooms in hot water for 10 minutes, then drain well.
- Heat the oil in a large, heavy based stainless steel pot and add the onion and garlic. Keep over a gentle heat for 2-3 minutes, until softened. Add the chestnut mushrooms and cook for a further 2-3 minutes or
- Stir in the rice and coat in the oil. Pour in the wine and simmer, stirring, until the liquid has been absorbed. Add a ladleful of the stock and simmer, stirring again, until the liquid has been absorbed.
Continue adding the stock in this way, until all the liquid has been absorbed and the rice is plump and tender.
- Roughly chop the soaked porcini mushrooms and stir into the risotto, along with the parsley, butter and salt and pepper. Serve with freshly grated Parmesan.