Creamy Vegetarian Pasta
- 8 ounces uncooked pasta (we like fettuccine or linguine)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 7 ounces mushrooms (we used cremini mushrooms) sliced thin
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/3 cup dry white wine
- 2 dashes Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon flour
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 cup heavy/whipping cream
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Fresh parsley chopped, to taste
- Freshly grated Parmesan cheese to taste (optional)
- Boil a large, salted pot of water for the pasta and cook it al dente according to package directions.
- Add the butter and oil to a skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the mushrooms and garlic to the pan and sauté for about 5 minutes, stirring often, until the mushrooms release most of their water and it’s cooked off.
- Take the mushrooms out of the pan and set aside.
- Add the wine, Italian seasoning, lemon juice, flour, and Dijon mustard to the pan. Stir until it becomes a smooth paste.
- Stir in the cream and let it simmer for a couple of minutes.
- Add the mushrooms back into the pan. Reduce the heat and cook for a few more minutes until the sauce has thickened up a bit.
- Season sauce with salt & pepper as needed.
- Drain the pasta and toss it with the sauce along with the parsley and parmesan if using.